Konami Announced Incredible News At Tokyo Game Show 2022 As They Revealed Suikoden 1 & 2 HD Remaster coming in 2023. One of the most famous JRPG titles of the original PlayStation era, both games came with unique storytelling systems and different types of mechanics that would later be implemented into tons of RPG titles. It was also one of the first to use the PS1’s memory card between titles, as you could take your character from the first game and continue the adventure with it in the sequel. The game doesn’t have a release date beyond “2023”, but we know it will be released on PC via Steam and all three major consoles. Enjoy the trailer below!
Released in 1995 as game software for PlayStation. Based on the motif of the classic Chinese novel Water Margin, this is the first title in Konami’s iconic original RPG series depicting the fate of those who bear the True Runes of the Scarlet Moon Empire. The story follows the protagonist, whose father is one of the five generals of the empire, as he gathers his 108 Stars of Fate and his friends to fight against the oppressive regime of the crumbling empire. The touching story depicting the bonds between family and friends has been highly appreciated around the world. The special one Suikoden system, including Runic Magic and the 108 Stars of Fate to recruit, was inherited by subsequent titles in the series. Other features include home base management, which builds your army’s power and bases, and army battles in which armies clash. The game also features an ambitious gameplay system that complements the greatness of the story.
The second title of Suikoden series released in 1998, Suikoden II takes place three years after the first game, evolving the unique gameplay systems to Suikoden, such as Runic Magic, 108 Fate Stars, Home Base Management, and Army Battles, which were well received in the previous game. Three childhood friends, including the protagonist, are shaken by a great whirlwind of fate. The story, with its detailed psychological portrayal of each character, moved many fans and became an iconic title in the Suikoden series.
- Pixel sprites and environment art are enhanced with new screen effects, including lighting, cloud, and shadow animations.
- Effects and staging have been revamped, bringing memorable scenes to life in a better way!
New character designs
- All character portraits have been updated to HD. Junko Kawano, who designed the characters for the original version of Suikoden released in 1995, recently redesigned all character portraits for Suikoden I HD Remaster Gate Rune War.
- Field Sound – A lot of environmental sounds not found in the original version, such as the sound of running water in the river, wind, insects and running footsteps, have been added. You can enjoy an immersive experience like never before!
- Battle Sound – All sound effects are now in HD. In addition to the impact of 3D effects, the realistic sound greatly enhances the dynamism of the fights!
Game system improvements
- Lots of new features have been added, such as Dialog Log, Auto Battle, Double Speed Battles, etc.