It’s you and your friends (or just you) against the world in this party-battle experience amplified with cooperative roguelike campaigns and competitive team tournaments.
Whatever the gig, solid tactical strategy and sick riffs are key to winning the championship and becoming a rock legend in battle bands!
Start a musical number alone or with friends and face tough AI rivals in cooperative roguelike campaigns for up to four players in Tower mode.
And if you’re really ready to turn it up, compete in the ultimate tournament experience with 64 groups in Royale mode.
Aerie Digital has announced that battle bands will be released via Steam Early Access on March 17, 2022.
But you don’t have to wait that long!
You can try out this amped up party battle experience with friends right now with the game’s free open beta, which runs today through February 22 on Steam.
Early Access Features:
- Mode of visit in cooperation: Complete roguelike campaigns with challenging bosses for 1-4 players
- Competitive Multiplayer Royale Mode: Online tournaments of 64 groups supporting up to 4 players in each group
- 4 instrument-based decks: Each with 30 levels of unlockable cards
- Free Season 1 Behind-the-Scenes Pass with 50 levels of cosmetic items to unlock
- Personalize your characters, instruments and van in different ways
Early Access gives Aerie the opportunity to work with players to create a better battle bands experience, consider feedback, and develop iteratively with the community. As Early Access progresses, battle bands will expand with new content and customization options in preparation for its official launch.
- Roguelike cooperative campaigns with bosses: Team up with up to three friends or go solo against the machine in roguelike co-op campaigns with Tower Mode.
- Epic 4v4 Tournaments: Compete against your friends in online competitions featuring 64 groups with real-time knockout rounds to prove you’re the GOAT in Royale mode.
- Your turntable is your instrument: Choose from guitar, bass, keyboard or drums and build your deck with hundreds of unique cards to unlock.
- Perfect your solo: Test your musical mettle against the AI before taking on even tougher opponents with your friends.
- Create your Rock & Roll look: Customize your perfect stage persona, customizing everything from instruments to wardrobe. And don’t forget a mean name for the band!
- Ride in style: Decorate your van with hundreds of color and customization options, and navigate each location looking like a rock star.
battle bands is in development for PC (Steam), planned for 2022.
More articles on battle bands