A massive “Warzone-wide” Battle Royale-like mode is coming to Halo Infinite in a bid to revitalize the player base.
Halo Infinite’s battle royale mode could be coming in Season 3 alongside Forge, sources told Windows Central’s Jez Corden.
Halo 2 multiplayer developer Certain Affinity is creating the mode, a massive undertaking in development for two years with a scale that could rival Call of Duty Warzone – in fact, it’s so big it is “So big, it’s almost like another game.”
Halo Infinite Battle Royale
- Optionally includes battle royale elements (shrink map, elimination, etc.)
- Will be a separate mode that’s so big it’s almost like another game
- May be part of Season 3 or Season 4, but could be delayed
- Certain affinities make fashion
- Is a new mode that hasn’t been in Halo before
- Attracts the general public
- Huge scale similar to Warzone
- Can be in a team or solo
- Codename “Tatanka” (first name of the legendary Sitting Bull, Lakota tribal name for “bison”)
- Will be tied to Forge mode in some way
“It would appear so. I have information that would suggest this is some form of battle royale,” Corden said in a recent Xbox Two podcast.
“I don’t know if it will be a PUBG clone specifically. It’s a huge mode that’s been in development for over 2 years at Certain Affinity. It’s a big deal and a huge investment and they’ve been working on it This n It’s not kind of a few game modes here and there, it’s a big undertaking on the scale of Call of Duty Warzone.
“It’s basically like a separate game.
“The point of this mode is to bring new players into the Halo franchise, people who don’t know Halo. They have Arena, they have a big team battle for classic Halo style gameplay, but it’s great for Fortnite or Warzone audiences. This will go further. I’ve received reports that this is a form of battle royale; a shrinking arena, as in typical battle royale fashion.
“I don’t know if it will be team-based like Apex Legends or if it will be solo. I don’t have exact details on how it plays out, but it targets that type of audience, and that suggests a battle to me. royale, and someone pretty much told me it was battle royale.”