Paste ‘Souls’ into your title and you will find two groups of players: one who will drop the asking price regardless of the world, and another who will go a mile, never looking back. Depending on your perspective and your gaming skills, Eldest Souls will be one of those games – a pot affair that you will absolutely love or despise.
Whichever side you fall into, you have to admit, Fallen Flag Studios’ Eldest Souls seems to have something about it. Available for purchase and download now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC, this is a soul-like boss-rush game (don’t run away not yet) which came into being through the publishing arm of United Label. And do you know what soulslike and boss-rush mean? Yes, brutal fighting. No more no less.
It’s priced at Â£ 16.99 and hits the market with tons of deadly language – fiercely difficult, fast-paced, savage fights and more. But for all the love in the world, it’s other parts of Eldest Souls that we’re most interested in – the extended skill trees for example, and the distribution of NPCs and questlines. We’re even quite sold by the pixel perfect art style.
In reality, we were quite impressed when we got to see Elders Souls in action a few weeks ago and I urge you to check out our thoughts from this presser. Of course, for a fully considered opinion, it will be our full Eldest Souls review on Xbox that should be factored in – keep an eye out for that soon.
Key game features include:
- Challenging Battles: Fast-paced, challenging soul-worthy battles await, where every moment counts. Yet fortune favors the bold, and defeating the Old Gods can grant the player powers beyond mortal comprehension.
- Boss-Rush Brutality: Eldest Souls focuses only on the toughest and most engaging fights: Bosses! – with each Old God presenting a unique new challenge for the player to take onâ¦ with appropriate rewards for those who triumph!
- An Ancient Kingdom: As you explore the labyrinthine passages, in search of the Old Gods, you will encounter intriguing NPCs, fascinating questlines, and a series of dark and ominous mysteries. Slowly discover the truth behind the Old Gods and their secular imprisonment …
- Pixel Perfection: Soak up the pixel perfection of the Consecrated Citadel, dripping with superb 16-bit attention to detail. But don’t look too long. This monument of human triumph has long been forgotten, and something dark has taken root deep within it.
- Your construction. Your Rules: Each encounter with the Old Gods presents its own unique challengeâ¦ and its rewards. Claim their heavenly powers to unlock a vast array of unique talents and abilities, ready to customize your own fighting style from a multitude of combinations.
If you’re sold out and fancy a hunt through a citadel dedicated to finding the Old Gods, and think you’re up for the challenge of Eldest Souls, head to the digital store at your choice, pay this request price, and leave with your download.
Unless, of course, you stopped reading when we mentioned that dreaded word “Souls” in our opening strategy.
You will find the oldest souls on the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S (Optimized No Less), PlayStation Store for PS4 and PS5, Nintendo eShop for Switch gamers and more on PC as well. In fact, there is hardly any way to escape what it must contain …
Description of the game:
After centuries of servitude, Man finally rebelled against the Old Gods, imprisoning these colossal calamities within the sacred walls of the Citadel. But an evil has awakened withinâ¦ In a final act of vengeance, the Old Gods have unleashed great Desolation upon the world. Humanity is fading, but there is only a glimmer of hope. Heavy is the burden that weighs on a single warrior. Armed with a two-handed swordâ¦ the purest obsydian.